Search This Blog

Monday 17 November 2014

Difference in our times



Today I saw a girl and a boy in front of Garuda mall, Bangalore, which is one of the popular places to hang-out in the city. The girl was busy posing for photographs. The poor fellow supposed to be the boyfriend didn’t know what else to do to keep his pretty girlfriend happy, clicked on. The girl with the sweetest smile which was not present a second before when she first reached to see her boyfriend was standing as gracefully possible for the clicks. After the photography session again the same bored expression clouded her face. Those pictures must have been for her profile in the numerous social networking sites like facebook. It is quite fascinating to see that people now get more pleasure in social networking than their real life boyfriends.
While observing them my thoughts kept going back to the time when I was in high school. The guy I had a huge crush on sat just two rows ahead of mine. I couldn’t help but staring at him while the teacher kept on giving lectures. Sometimes, I was standing outside the classroom for not paying attention in class. Still I could never give up on the urge to keep watching him. It was not that he was extra-ordinarily handsome, but he had something about him which could attract me. My friends could never understand why I liked him so much. I would dream about him all day long when he was not in class. In my mind I would make up circumstances when I would collide with him or would fall in his arms as so commonly shown in bollywood movies. All these fantasies made me so happy at that moment and also a little sad when I realized the impossibility of these happening in real life. I had always wanted to tell him how much I loved him, though it was difficult to believe how I fell so hopelessly in love with him without even knowing him. I kept imagining the things I would do if we ended up being couples. I would talk to him all day long and then I would kiss him passionately as shown in movies. I keep referring to movies because I had no experience of my own or of other people around me. The only source of such knowledge was movies. When I watched this couple fortunate enough to have each other, I thought how they could be so engrossed in thinking about pleasing the world.

1 comment:

  1. i enjoyed...specially your crush...write more about your na please your crush your love..attraction...

    ReplyDelete